Hi

I saw this hack on :
http://hackaday.com/2011/02/03/stk200-pocket-change-programmer/

This is the original page:
http://eds.dyndns.org/~ircjunk/tutorials/elex/ata2isp/main.html

"Linux treat the ubiquitous PATA/IDE port as a parallel port"

"... Trick linux into creating a parallel port with the right base
address. To do this, unload the parport_pc module

>#rmmod partport_pc

Then do a force load with the new io address, in my case 0x170

>#modprobe parport_pc io=0x170 irq=none,none,none

Yes, the kernel should tell you your crazy and this probably wont
work ..."

Can this hack work with EMC and rtlinux ?

First I remembered ct flasher and 8255 but now I think some address
decoding and LS373 would do the trick.
What do you think ?

Sorry for my english

Florin