2011/3/4 Chris Radek <ch...@timeguy.com>:
> On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 08:34:35PM -0600, Jon Elson wrote:
>
>> Specifically, when using cutter radius compensation and straight lines,
>> you can only make convex shapes on the outside of a part.
>> So, if you have G42 in force (tool on right), then you can only make
>> left turns.
>
> This has not been true in EMC since 2.3 was released in early 2009.
> You can program concave corners in EMC.

I cannot completely agree to that - just like author of this thread I
had the same error message about gouging and concave corners on my
waterjet machine in the autumn last year. I had 2.4.3 version, if I
recall correctly (it was one of the latest at that moment).
The conclusion of the reason, why did I get the error, was that the
inside corner was created by straight lines, which were smaller that
cutter radius (~0,5mm).

So receiving this error message means that G-code has to be corrected.
One of possible options - offset the cutter path so that required part
can be created without G41/G42 compensations. More advanced fix would
be finding out, why the code consists of such a small linear lines and
checking, if that reason can be avoided - bad choice of CAM
application, bad drawing or maybe something else.

Viesturs