Hi Peter,
I think you meant to say 20% not 120% since you gave the example of
200ms jitter will trip the error with a 1ms servo thread.
I had a chance to do some further testing.  I ran the latency test for
longer - a couple hours and the servo thread jitter just barely
exceeded 14us which is exactly 2% of my servo thread (700us) so I'm
thinking the error is tripping at only 2% jitter - remember I have no
base thread.
  I tried turning off hyper-threading and adding the isolcpus=1 to
grub and the latency numbers about halved and no more delay errors -
BUT - It has severely affected the computers performance so I won't
leave it that way.  I would rather just clear the error.
   I think 2% jitter on the servo thread is perfectly acceptable.  My
motors are running smooth as silk and performing well.
   So if it's supposed to trip at 20% and mine seems to trip at 2%
have I discovered a bug or is this a problem exclusive to my system?
Maybe someone else running a servo only system could try setting their
servo period to 40x max jitter and see if the error is generated.
That would make the error 2.5% - enough to trip if it is in fact
tripping at 2%.
   Anyway, no biggie.  I don't mind clearing the error since it only
pops up once per run.  It would be different if it was nagging me.

Joel Jacobs