This may seem like a crazy question, but would it be possible to run
more than one instance of emc on a single computer, with different
configurations, each configuration pointing at a different parallel port
address?  I am working on a modular assembly automation system
that has three or four axes per pick & place station, and I'd like to
minimize the number of computers I need to use.  I could easily have
twelve or more pick & place stations.

When I gave this a quick try, the second emc asked if the first one
should be restarted, which is obviously not what I had in mind.  This
was true even when run from a different user.  Is there some fundamental
reason for this restriction, or could it be relaxed?

Thanks,
-- Ralph

http://engr.wallawalla.edu/engr480