On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 4:20 PM, Rafael Skodlar <ra...@linwin.com> wrote:
> However, we still haven't addressed the original question about running
> multiple instances of EMC2 on the same hardware. Two options are
> possible here IMO:

third option: reject any such nonsensical pursuit.  Buy a computer per
machine and be done with it.  Implementing synchronization between
multiple machines is far easier.   A number indistinguishable from
100% of all machines that use or will ever use EMC successfully will
never need more than one instance of EMC running at a time.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 4:20 PM, Rafael Skodlar <ra...@linwin.com> wrote:
>Today's motherboards come with multi core CPUs and it's a shame we
>cannot use one or more cores for EMC under tight RT constraints and GUI
>part of application in another one.

You can, it's documented and has been discussed on this list in the
past week.  isolcpus

Eric Keller
Boalsburg, PA