On Mon, 2011-06-27 at 13:41 -0700, For Sale Sticker wrote:
> 'leadscrew pitch' (do I just count the number of threads per inch?)

It's barely possible that the leadscrew will have a multiple-start
thread, making the linear-motion-per-turn higher than you'd expect from
a simple count of the threads-per-inch number.

Turn the leadscrew by hand and count the number of threads that vanish /
appear at the edge of the stage for each turn: mark a thread, then watch
it for one turn. If one thread vanishes / appears, then the leadscrew
doesn't have a multiple-start thread.

If it has a multi-start thread, then the stage will move more than the
threads-per-inch by the number of thread starts.

(The Z axis on my Thing-O-Matic has a four-start leadscrew, so I had to
puzzle through this mess while figuring out the mechanics...)

--
Ed
http://softsolder.com