Hi

Thanks to Ted and many others on the group I have had most of my questions
answered.
I finnaly got all my parts and am excited to be wiring my cnc today.
I am converting an old (90's era) CNC router to emc.
I purchased a break out board to wire to the existing ib106 drivers.

This following photo shows the guts as they are now:

http://www.forsalesticker.com/oldGuts.jpg

So I am replacing that board in the middle with a breakout board and wiring to
the drivers.

Now I have a few noob type questions -

1 - What guage of wire should I use to go from the break out board to the
drivers?  I have some wire from a cat 5 cable but it seems very tiny - should I
use something fatter?

2 - The power from my power supply (very top right in the photo) goes to some
other board (what the heck is that thing anyway?)
And then there is a plastic connector from the what the heck board to the
getting replaced board that has a white and black wire.
When the power is on I get 11.7 volts DC on those 2 wires.

So my break out board is asking for ground and power (+9 to +24 V)
Can I assume that black is power and white is ground?
Or is white neutral and I need to get ground from something else?
Is there a good method to test this using a simple multimeter?

Thanks for the help.

Andy