Chris Radek wrote:
> Yes, it was found and fixed as a result of the testing that happened
> before 2.4.0.

ok, in fact I wondered if this had been discovered, because it could be
very dangerous with a milling machine.

in my case, it's just boring, but not dangerous.

>> I know I should upgrade EMC, but... it works well now.
>>

> No it doesn't.

well, obviously not, but it's only when I try to do unusual things, such
as changing the whole program. But this is very unusual.
 So I can deal with it.

In fact, I very well know I should upgrade, but I'm really afraid of the
time it will need to have it running again. For now, I'm here at 7:30AM,
and I go home at midnight, making a solar panel each 7 minutes... So if
I can just upgrade EMC without re-installing the whole distro, I may
try. But reinstalling the whole thing is not possible now. When this
6-months-late work is over, I'll look into it.