On Tue, 26 Jul 2011, yann jautard wrote:

SNIP_________________________________________________________________

> In fact, I very well know I should upgrade, but I'm really afraid of the
> time it will need to have it running again. For now, I'm here at 7:30AM,
> and I go home at midnight, making a solar panel each 7 minutes... So if
> I can just upgrade EMC without re-installing the whole distro, I may
> try. But reinstalling the whole thing is not possible now. When this
> 6-months-late work is over, I'll look into it.

Why not install and configure EMC 2.4.6 on another PC in your spare time so
theres no chance of breaking your working configuration, and then just do a
controller swap when ready (and end up with a spare controller, which might
not be a bad idea if you want to avoid down-time)

Peter Wallace