From: Stuart Stevenson <stus...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] dedication
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Date: Monday, August 8, 2011, 10:24 PM

Charles,
Does the EMC2 screen show axis3 is homed? If not then you have not homed the
machine completely. You will continue to get the message until axis3 is
homed. EMC2 requires all configured axes to be homed prior to running.
Have you posted your configuration files? If not, would you please do so.
This will enable a much more precise conversation.
If you will upload your files to a public website (yours or somewhere else)
and post a link to the configuration file then the configuration can be
looked at by many people and the correct configuration can be determined.
There will likely be more questions as more information is made available
but that is part of the process.
thanks
Stuart

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 10:44 PM, charles green <xxzzb...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> the exact message is, "Can't issue MDI command when not homed."  AXIS
> EMC2.4.6 on Ubuntu 8.04.  the homing sequence is axis2=0, axis0=1, axis1=2.
> axis3 is not included in the home sequence and has no pins assigned to
> homing switch in the hal ini.  the configuration is a mill xyza millimeter.

dos centavos