Scott,

You might check whether pncconf is producing the proper polarity in the
INI file for INPUT_SCALE (for the encoder) and OUTPUT_SCALE (for the PWM
& servos).

I believe there was a bug in an earlier version of pncconf. I ran into
that and had to edit the INI file by hand to make both values negative,
which was required for my setup.

Karl