Yep, so those are 3 phase brushless motors which is good since they are
near bullet proof.

The drives have excellent motor protections built in so the motors last
a very long time.

I've worked on several drive systems like that.

Go to this website and look under the 840C.   Siemens has extensive
documentation on their systems.    The big problem is finding the
information within the manuals.

http://www.automation.siemens.com/doconweb/

Here is the 611A Startup manual ... but there are many others..  chapter
2 has notes on setting up the speed controller in the drive via the pots.
http://www.automation.siemens.com/doconweb/showpdf.asp?item=1959&cd=840c_1101_e&scope=all&ResultSet=4757&CurrentItem=4757&ResultType=content

Dave