I am trying to configure a gantry machine (X,Y,Y,Z) which is built with Gecko
320X drivers connected to servo motors.  I originally had a parallel breakout
board driving the Geckos (doing step generation in EMC) but was getting random
high latency on the D510MO motherboard and strange behavior of the servos
(perhaps attributable to step generation issues).  I also wanted to use the
index pulse for homing, and the 320Xs don't use the index pulse at all, and I
was told by several people that EMC can't do homing with it either.

So I was thinking about using Mesa 7i43 cards to remove the step latency
problems and Peter Wallace suggested I could try a variation of a config that
some people have used with success, that is, running the encoder signals back
to the 7I43 and run the step generator in velocity mode (with PID loop),
approximating a velocity mode servo.  I am wondering if there are any example
configurations out there for this setup?

Tom