When I first started playing with emc - I was making circuit boards.  I
was using a rotozip type head (small collet) and for me the easiest
solution was to split the program up for each tool.  Then I found the
gcode.ulp that Chris R and Jeff E wrote.
http://git.unpy.net/view/eagle.git

it is quite slick - you need a switch that the tool can touch.

It works like this....
You setup your first tool.  (set it for your material)  This could
technically be done with the probe switch also - if you know the
distance between the switch and your part.
Then when you run the Gcode - it first touches off the first tool to the
probe switch.  This is your 'reference' length.
Now when the program pauses for the next tool - you replace it.
The first thing it does is probe the new tool length and offset it
compared to your 'reference' tool.
sets the correct offset and continues on with the program.

It made making circuit boards with multitude mills and drills pretty
painless.

sam