On 9 September 2011 08:29, Kirk Wallace <kwall...@wallacecompany.com> wrote:

> Have you seen the Tormach holders?:
> http://www.tormach.com/Product_TTS2.html

They made a prototype drawbar for TTS, but I don't know if it made it
to production:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kxw9d6kI7A

> There should be a couple of people on this list that have made stud
> puller type draw bars, but I have lost the links. ... Found one -- Andy
> has a video here:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxrzJ_KfcQ0

A bit more information here:
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/vertical_mill_lathe_project_log/109301-harrison_universal_miller_conversion.html

This spreadsheet should help with working out the spring stack length
and which sizes to use.
http://www.bodgesoc.org/DIN2093DiscSprings.xls
If you read off the required load on the left, then project across to
the line representing a particular spring, then down to the X axis you
can read off the available further deflection to flat of a 100mm stack
of those springs. x2 means a doubled-up stack, ie two pointing up,
then 2 pointing down, then 2 pointing up rather than a simple
up-down-up-down stack.

--
atp
"Torque wrenches are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men"