Andy Pugh wrote:
> This is what the GEOMETRY setting does. It is separate from the
> COORDINATES setting.

Yes, just found this out. Memory is not what it was. I used stepconf a
few years ago to create the current 'ini' file; unfortunately is seems
to have removed a lot of (non-used) parameters, which is a shame because
I might have spotted this parameter faster.

> It is perfectly possible to upgrade EMC2 without upgrading Ubuntu,
> maybe even through the package manager.

Anyway I have added a second partition and installed the lastest version
on it. This way, the 'old' machine is still available as a boot option.
Migrating the 'ini' & 'hal' files was easy - just copied noting some
newer parameters and reading the appropriate book.

I tried a config (and hal) for 'XYZC', but noticed that EMC requires 6
[AXIS x] sections. What do I put in the non-existent [3 & 4] AXIS
sections to keep them quiet?
I tried just copying axis 3 [Z] into 4 & 5 but got 'following error on
axis4 (or similar).

Thanks for your help,

Robert