From: Kent A. Reed [mailto:knbr...@erols.com]
Sent: 17 October 2011 17:10
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] OT EMC on control signal

On 10/16/2011 9:51 AM, Andy Ibbotson wrote:
> Hi Jan,
> Workshop is on a 20A spur, light come off the spur on a 5A spur.  CNC
system
> (controller and PC) are connected to a UPS with surge protection.  I'll
give
> your suggestions a try.
> Andy

Andy:

You've already told us what happened when you ran with the UPS
disconnected from mains. I'm curious to know what happens if you simply
eliminate the UPS.

I may be grasping at straws but there are many kinds of UPS technology
out there and they don't all behave the same way in the various
environments in which they are placed.

I had a laboratory problem in the '90s that was resolved by swapping out
one kind of UPS for another. My problem was different from yours but to
quote an old comedian, "one never knows, do one?."

Good luck.

Regards,
Kent