From: jop...@gmail.com <jop...@gmail.com>
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Tue Nov 08 01:40:37 2011
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Has anyone tried to use and RC controller with EMC to
run a RC brushless

 > Has anyone tried to use and RC controller with EMC to run a RC brushless
 > motor

Hi!
I try to use it.
Work still in progress, but control part is almost done.
please read more here
http://www.linuxcnc.org/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,20/func,view/catid,16/id,2056/limit,6/limitstart,12/lang,english/#14554

On 11/08/2011 06:15 AM, Kasey Matejcek wrote:
> Has anyone tried to use and RC controller with EMC to run a RC brushless
> motor
> They take a pwm control signal from 1ms to 2ms or around there but haven't
> tried
> It sound like the have to have a signal on the input when there powered up
> or the go into disable mode possibly
>
>> On 7 November 2011 02:26, Kirk Wallace<kwall...@wallacecompany.com>
> wrote:
>>
>>>   I suppose a draw
>>> bar is going to be a problem.
>>
>> How does your current drawbar work?
>> I can imagine thet it might be possible to use the exisiting drawbar
>> actuator for the new spindle. Part of the solution might be to hold
>> the high-speed spindle in place with the 4 tapped holes in the face
>> rather than with the drawbar.
>
>> I have an electric draw bar like this one:
>> http://home.insightbb.com/~joevicar3/cheap_drawbar.htm
>
>> It's not very subtle and would make short work of a 20 taper collet.
>
>> There are laminations available with a decent-sized central hole that
>> would allow a through-bore motor to be made.
>> http://www.gobrushless.com/shop/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=prodshow&ref=SC+
>> 65mmstator I think an ISO10 holder could be made to fit at least
>> partly up inside that, and you could probably still get at the face
>> mounting bolts.
>> However I have not found a drawing which shows them.
>
>> http://www.schaublin.ch/catalogues/PO039-042.pdf
>
>> Usually outrunners are wound to get low RPM. I would most likely need as
> much speed as possible. Many of the laminations I have seen have odd numbers
> of poles so would not work. I do see the above stator has a number of poles
> that evenly divides by three, so would work if I wind six poles in a row. So
>> let's see, 60 RPS = 3600 RPM. Common VFD's go up to 400 Hz to give around
> 24,000 RPM. That would do nicely. This would be a slam dunk if I didn't want
> the draw bar and went with ER collets, hmmm.
>
>> An Inrunner might package more easily.
>>
>> Rather than a brushless motor, I wonder if gearing up the existing
>> spindle is an option. I have seen a centrifugal supercharger drive
>> which used friction drive to achieve a large speed increase using only
>> a slightly resilient outer drive ring, and slightly-floating-mounted
>> planets. These are almost ready-made for the planet job:
>> http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/advanced_search_result.php?categories
>> _id=4461&1_10=9205_1&21_210=-1&22_220=9205_22&23_230=9205_23&x=22&y=9&
>> extra_field_filter=1
>
>> I found this:
>> http://www.tormach.com/product_pcnc_acc_speeder.html
>
>> I suppose a smooth belt from the main spindle to an offset idler axle then
> a belt back to an on-axis secondary spindle would work, but then there would
> be no fancy high-tech electronics involved.

> [...]

This communication is for the use of the intended recipient only. It may
intended recipient of this communication, the disclosure, copying, distribution
or use hereof is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
please advise me by return e-mail or by telephone and then delete it
immediately.