I wouldn't run encoder wiring in the same conduit as power wiring.  Most
encoder wiring is at a 0 to 5 volt level, and could easily pick up noise from
the power or tach wiring which could mean extra or mixed counts.  I would also
have the tach wiring and encoder wiring run with shielded cable, with the
shields tied solidly to chassis ground.