On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 11:11:42AM -0800, Kirk Wallace wrote:
> So, if I have a UP motherboard and upgrade to 10.04, which pulls SMP and
> APIC. I might be able to fix my system by learning how to compile my
> kernel and select UP instead of SMP?

You would have to build your own version of the kernel, rtai, and emc2.
rtai and emc2 depend on the exact version and configuration flags of the
kernel---mixing and matching don't work.  That's why for each
distribution we support, we only support a single kernel: supporting two
doubles the work of packaging and testing.

Jeff