Am 29.11.2011 00:29, schrieb Kent A. Reed:
> the data sets into supporting documentation. This in addition to the
> VRML/x3d models we were already creating and which the community didn't
> like (we never overcame the problem of poor browser support of VRML
> after Silicon Graphics went belly up).

With current browsers suporting WebGL it is quite easy to embedd a X3D
model into a web site without any need for an extra plugin. I tried this
myself some time ago and it worked very good. You can see the test file
at [1] which i created in blender and exported as X3D.
The documentation how to do it is from the official x3dom homepage at [2].

Ciao,
     Rainer

[1] https://quakeman.homelinux.net/files/webgl/lcd.html
[2] http://www.x3dom.org/?page_id=1101