sam sokolik wrote:
> This is what shows up in dmsg when I uplug/plug
>
> http://pastebin.com/TDCqJuMn
>
> How do I dell what the device driver is?

Ah, that's what I thought.  This is serial over USB.  Yes, USB enumeration
is really MESSY, and very often when you unplug and replug the USB
device, it enumerates to a new port.  I think you need a program that
searches the
list of ports to see what is on them, and then gets the tty address from
that.
I have seen this on a number of Linux systems.  It isn't just serial, it
is any
hot-(re)plug of USB can decide to use the old port or create a new one,
with no particular reason.

Jon