Interesting.  From a practical standpoint wouldn't it make sense to
temperature control the room the machine is in rather than compensate
for temperature?
Or does that part of the machine vary in temp regardless of room
temp?    Regardless, I am sure that this has applications other than
temp compensation.

Dave