On Saturday, January 07, 2012 08:49:54 PM Martin Patton did opine:

> What rotary table is that on your mill?  Did you make the adapter for
> the stepper?  I want one of those.
> Thanks,
> Marty

Are you asking me Marty?  Or Peter Blodow?   If it's me, its a $100, 4"
Grizzly.  Except for the motor, a 269oz I got from Jeff at Xylotex at least
a yonk back up the log, I made the rest of it, the coupling are 3 piece all
steel (harder than hell mine shafting from the scrap metal yard) and from a
solid block of soft alu I stumbled over at the same scrap yard, one block
about 7x7x27" long, $40.  I'm still cutting little pieces off it now &
then, but they are getting smaller. :(

If I had it do do over again, I think I'd be tempted to drop the card at
Little Machine Shop dot com where Chris now has better tables by far than
the grizzly, all set to bolt down & plug in, for $750.  This one doesn't
even have a #2 socket for a dead center, its that cheap, so finding its
center is a right PIMA.

Please don't clip the whole message when posting to this list, leave enough
(at the top, post below or in the midst if the reply needs to go there to
maintain the conversations natural flow) so we can deduce the context of
the message thread please.

Cheers, Gene
It's easy to get on the internet and forget you have a life
        -- Topic on #LinuxGER