Von: gene heskett [mailto:ghesk...@wdtv.com]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 15. Januar 2012 05:25
An: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff: [Emc-users] New thread, visolate

Hi all;

I just spent 2 hours ogling strace output while
trying to get this visolate.jar to do something
even if it was to tell me to go away.

What I was doing was looking at the strace output
for the first instance of each library etc that it
wanted to open, did a mkdir -p to that location,
then did an 'ls -l `locate libname' that it could
not find, than added a softlink from the real file
to that name, in that directory.  After 4 or 5
sessions of that, I no longer had any file not
found's output by the strace. It was finding
everything it wanted in that dept.

This didn't effect the actual exit messages!

But what I now see in the strace output is a fail
of a FUTEX that could have been there all along,
whatever the heck that futex is.  From that
strace:

[snip lots of strace success lines]

futex(0xb6a95bd8, FUTEX_WAIT, 20248, NULLException
in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/media/j3d/WakeupCriterion
        at
visolate.Visolate.<init>(Visolate.java:66)
        at
visolate.Visolate.<init>(Visolate.java:61)
        at visolate.Main.main(Main.java:65) Caused
by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
javax.media.j3d.WakeupCriterion
        at
java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:
202)
        at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)
        at
java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.j
ava:190)
        at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:3
06)
        at
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launche
r.java:301)
        at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:2
47)
        ... 3 more
) = 0
exit_group(1)
                          = ?
And I get the bash prompt back.

Another strange thing is that there is an
/etc/java/java.conf file that says where the .jars
are supposed to be, but its being ignored, I must
pass the full path to the .jar, or the error is
"can't find it" in java speak.

Is any of this making sense to anybody?  At this
point, I'm bumfuzzled (or whatever your fav
expression for confused is) and would seem to be
getting worse.  Oldtimers is hell.

Thanks for any clues.

Cheers, Gene
--
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of
liberty:

sers