2012/1/19 Florian Rist <fr...@fs.tum.de>:
> Hi Andy
>
>>> What would you think makes more sense as tool path specification, a x/y
>>> positions and three angels or two x/y positions and one angel?
>>
>> I would go for XY and angles. You can't do (G3, G2) curves in UV, and
>> using angles instead probably bypasses that difficulty.
>
> Ah, OK. Most probably my g-code generation script wont be able to output
> circular moves, but it's good not to eliminate the possibility to
> include that later. So I'll go for one x/y position and the tree angles.
> Somehow I think it might be a good idea not to chose on of the portals
> as for the x/y plane, but a plane that includes the rotary table's axis
> of rotation. What do you think?

It should work.
If I understand correctly, it will just slightly increase the
complexity of kinematics, because You will need to adjust both
portals.

Do I understand correctly that actual layout of the joints in Your
machine is that rotary table rotates around vertical axis, but portals
are alligned so that XY and UV planes are vertical and Z is
horizontal?
I opened the link You posted in first message, but I saw some gantry
routers there.

Viesturs