On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 6:22 PM, gene heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:

> signals and needs to be fairly compact, I am drawn to the pcb mounted
> version of the RJ-11 connector.  But sitting here, I realized that although
> it is supposed to be a 6 pin connector, I have never seen one with more
> than 4 positions populated, nor have I seen The matching 6 wire cable. I
> considered the RJ-45 too, but have not seen any pcb mount jacks in my neck

I'm guilty of liking RJs too, gov'nor! six-connector version of RJ11 is I
think called RJ-14:

> ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registered_jack

and is pretty rare, so if you need more than 4 go to RJ45.

What do you mean you don't have PCB-mounted RJ45? Just steal an unused one
from one of your network hubs :) I thought everyone here would have a
drawer of old PC cards, so just get an old network card from there and hit
it with a heat gun.