Hi
why retrofit bridgeport machine when one can buy cnc machine X 50" Y 26"
travel CNC mill for $6.5 k
those bridgeport will have similar price anyway.
After one will buy used machine, beside retrofit controller with EMC2 need
to learn about how to rebuild axis -learn about TURCITE and Way Lock etc,
without which good controller will be just useless.

thanks
aram