On 01/22/2012 02:07 AM, a...@conceptmachinery.com wrote:
> Hi
> why retrofit bridgeport machine when one can buy cnc machine X 50" Y 26"
> travel CNC mill for $6.5 k
> those bridgeport will have similar price anyway.
> After one will buy used machine, beside retrofit controller with EMC2 need
> to learn about how to rebuild axis -learn about TURCITE and Way Lock etc,
> without which good controller will be just useless.

First, it is not a bridgeport. Second, these are going for scrap price - scrap
iron is going for
about $165 - $200/ ton - so no reason to offer any more than $400 which is a
little less than $6K.
I would offer $200 or just see if they will give it to you. Moving it is the
main expense.

Seeing that it is in Wichita - it is a good bet it only milled aluminum..

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail k...@xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434