On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 10:20 PM, Stuart Stevenson <stus...@gmail.com>wrote:
> The motor was probably removed by the same process that modified the
control boxes.

That's pretty sad to see.  It really looks like the whole thing has been on
its side, and it's hard to believe there isn't significant damage to the
important stuff as a result.  The lathes they sell at Penn State surplus
usually have been on their top, but they usually manage to keep the mills
upright.

When I was in the Air Force, they used to keep the surplus machine tools
outside, uncovered and rusting.  That used to drive me nuts even though I
had no place to put one at the time.
Eric Keller
Boalsburg, Pennsylvania