Sorry, Viesturs, that was a language glitch of mine. "Servo" is used in
German as a general classification for anything moving with power
assistance, above all in the motor vehicle sector, e. g. Servolenkung
(power steering) or Servobremse (power brake) as well as in "Ruderservo"
(RC model actuator) etc. Only as a specific technical term it is used in
the field of control technology as a name for a feedback controlled
continous motor drive. At this moment, regarding my own (stepper) gear I
didn't even think of someone else using servomotors for moving machine
elements.

Peter