Viesturs Lācis wrote:
> 2012. gada 28. janvāris 18:14 noel <noel.ro...@comcast.net> rakstīja:
>
>> All interested in Servo Tuning.
>>
>> Have a look at:
>> http://support.motioneng.com/Downloads-Notes/Tuning/default.htm
>>

> In the link from Noel I find that all three  (well, the last maybe not
> that much) PID tuning methods:
> http://support.motioneng.com/Downloads-Notes/Tuning/3_pid_tune.htm
>
> Suggest starting with finding correct D parameter, as opposed to
> previously expressed opinions that P parameter is the one to start
> with.
>
> Can anyone with experience in servo tuning comment on this?
>

> Can anyone comment on this?

If your P is too high, no amount of D will stop the violent oscllation.
If your P is too low, there will be no movement at all, and D will
do nothing.

I think you need to have P within a reasonable band for the particular
servo drive so that movement happens when it is commanded.

Note that a lot of treatises on PID tuning use an oven and a
thermometer as the model.  This is a one-quadrant system,
and not as relevant to a servo motion axis.

Jon