On Mar 30, 2012, at 1:22 PM, Peter C. Wallace wrote:

> The Oxsemi (well PLXTech now) OX16PCI954 does support EPP (I have one and it
> works with our EPP interfaced FPGA cards)

Thanks Peter.

So, how did you determine that address to use for the stepper config?

> Why do you need EPP?

Perhaps I am wrong, but I interpreted that the wiki was stating that EPP is
required:

"Parallel port cards allow the addition of parallel ports beyond the built-in
port on PC motherboards. These may be used for realtime functions such as
software PWM and step/dir, or for user functions such as controlling coolant,
tool changers, relays, etcetera. Nearly any card will work with pin changing
functions (hal_parport), but very few cards are compatible with EPP, which is
used with parallel port connected FPGA signal generators and controllers."

http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?action=browse&id=EMC2_Supported_Hardware&revision=90

Best,

Jeshua Lacock
Founder/Engineer