On Friday, March 30, 2012 04:39:35 PM Jeshua Lacock did opine:

> Greetings,
>
> My new motherboard for EMC2 does not have a Parallel port on it - so I
> bought a PCI card for it in haste. Now it seems that I bought the wrong
> card for the job:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MY45WS/ref=oh_o02_s00_i03_details
>
> The output from 'lspci':
>
> 08:00.0 Serial controller: Oxford Semiconductor Ltd OX16PCI954 (Quad
> 16950 UART) function 0 (Disabled) (rev 01) (prog-if 06) Subsystem:
> Oxford Semiconductor Ltd Device 0000
>       Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 18
>       I/O ports at c090 [size=8]
>       I/O ports at c080 [size=8]
>       I/O ports at c070 [size=8]
>       I/O ports at c060 [size=8]
>       I/O ports at c020 [size=32]
>       Memory at fb101000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
>       Capabilities: <access denied>
>       Kernel driver in use: serial
>

> It doesn't appear to support EPP. So, can anyone recommend a card that
> will work for sure? Or these appear to support EPP, but will they work
> on Ubuntu 10.04?
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Single-Parallel-epp-ecp-Port/dp/B000G6U5NA/ref=sr_
> 1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1333134092&sr=8-8
> http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Express-Profile-Parallel-Adapter/dp/
> B001Q7X0Z8/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1333134092&sr=8-3-fkmr0

I am using, or was till just recently, a startech board, worked as
expected.  I put a D525MW based machine on the mill recently.  You will
need to change the ports address from the default of 0x0378 though, I think
in my case to 0xD000, but check your dmesg for the correct discovery
address after putting it in and booting up.

> Jeshua Lacock
> Founder/Engineer
> 3DTOPO Incorporated
> <http://3DTOPO.com>
> Phone: 208.462.4171

Jeshua: I don't know as I'd post the phone number, it will multiply your
phone spam eventually.

Cheers, Gene
<doogie> Debian - All the power, without the silly hat.