andy pugh wrote:
> As I said earlier, I don't think this is a "Lookahead" problem, it is
> a "must be able to stop inside the next code block" problem.
> And I am not convinced that being able to stop the machine within the
> next code block is necessarily a sensible requirement.

Exactly!  It is a safe scheme, but becomes a limitation.  Total
lookahead is a boundless
problem, so I can see that is not sensible.  What I can imagine is a
method of lookahead
where each vector is examined for acceleration, and it keeps running
ahead until a large
acceleration would be required.  Some kind of mark is made for that
vector so the
traj planner knows a deceleration would be required coming up on that
point.  Perhaps
this accel scanning could put the mark back the required number of
blocks so that when
the traj planner hits that mark it begins the decel then.  This all is
complicated by the
feedrate override that is implemented at the moment.  But, the scanning
could probably
just assume 100% speed (or whatever the max override allows).

Jon