Gene brought up mechanically damping mid-band resonance in a stepper.
I'm old school and mechanical/inertia dampers are all I know. Folks have
posted videos to YouTube that show the efficacy of this approach.

However, I've noticed a number of stepper-drive vendors claim to have
electronic solutions to the resonance problem. Geckodrive, for example,
has its "mid-band compensation." Parker Motion has not one but three
techniques: ActiveDamping(TM), Electronic Viscosity (TM), and ABS
Damping (TM).

Question to y'all. Do these electronic techniques deliver the goods? Is
a mechanical solution not needed if one or more of these electronic
solutions is employed? (I'm stilling using the PMDX-150 drives I bought
from Steve years ago. I don't want to buy a new drive just to test a
vendor claim; I'd rather wait until I the magic smoke has escaped from
one of mine.)

Are there any videos posted that might satisfy us honorary Missourians
(the Show Me state)?

Regards,
Kent