You run it at a couple of RPS. Its the speed where you notice that its smooth
rather than silky smooth. :)

Then adjust the pot to get it as smooth as you can.

Cheers,

Peter.

On 1/05/2012 10:29 PM, John Thornton wrote:
> I think it works no matter what but it is smoother if you adjust it. I
> forget the RPM you run the stepper at then tune for smoothest sound and
> done.
>
> John
>
> On 5/1/2012 7:21 AM, Viesturs Lācis wrote:
>> 2012/5/1 John Thornton<bjt...@gmail.com>:
>>> The G203v's that I use on my plasma cutter are smooth as silk and when
>>> you adjust the morphing pot you can really tell the difference when it
>>> is adjusted correctly.
>> Hmm, I put 6 G203v drives in the welding robot, but did not touch that
>> small tuning pot and the robot has been working just fine. Seems like
>> I will have to play with that next time I use Gecko drives...
>>
>> Viesturs

eStore: http://www.homanndesigns.com/store
Web   : http://www.homanndesigns.com     ModIO     - Modbus Interface Unit
email : pe...@homanndesigns.com          DigiSpeed - Isolated 10Vdc I/F
Phone : +61 421 601 665                  TurboTaig - Taig Mill Upgrade board