On Thursday, May 17, 2012 01:37:34 AM Kent A. Reed did opine:

> On 5/16/2012 2:56 PM, Terry Christophersen wrote:
> > BIOS version:
> >
> > MWPNT10N.86A.0083.2001.0524.1600
> >
> > Does that mean version 86?
> >
> > Terry
>
> No, MWPNT10N.86A is the designation of this board's BIOS according to
> the Intel docs.
>
> Your BIOS version stands at 0083 which is more recent than any version
> that mentions fixes for Linux.

Humm, I have 113 in both of my D525MW's.  That is the one with the February
release date, and FWIW, I had to put it in before I could get it to
recognize the livecd disk.  Then it was a piece of cake.  And yes, I found
it strange it could see the bios update once unpacked and put on a cd, but
couldn't find the isolinux on the livecd.  But that is exactly what
happened to me with the first one.  The next one, 2 months later I didn't
check, just updated it right OOTB.

As for flashing the bios, it must be burned to a cd as the updater can't
find it on a usb key.  That IMO is a fairly high vacuum.  IOW it sucks.

> I don't see any fixes listed for more recent versions that would seem to
> apply but that doesn't mean anything since I don't know what bits are
> being changed that would affect the pnpbios function.
>
> The canonical recommendation is always not to update the BIOS unless you
> need to, which begs the question, how do you know you need to? Aren't
> computers fun?

Something doesn't work.  Hopefully you find it early on.

> Regards,
> Kent

Cheers, Gene
The more I see of men the more I admire dogs.
                -- Mme De Sevigne, 1626-1696