Le 23.05.2012 19:11, Jon Elson a écrit :
>> On May 23, 2012, at 2:01 AM, Claude Froidevaux wrote:
>>

>>> 1)  make a hal check, that disable drive if more than 5-10 consecutive
>>> sample period with maximum drive output without any encoder change
>>>

> This won't work in Jeshua's setup.  When coming out of E-stop, there is
> no commanded
> motion, and the positioning loop has not yet started.  So, LinuxCNC
> doesn't expect any
> movement.  The G320 drive commands movement to null out the position error,
> which may only be one or two counts.  If the encoder does not provide
> feedback,
> there is no indication that a runaway is happening.
>
> LinuxCNC never sees the drive command, it just sends step pulses to the
> drive.
> If it could compare the commanded position to the actual position, that
> might
> be helpful, but the hardware doesn't allow this.

Ok, I doesn't know about specificity of this hardware, I was guessing a
servo loop using mesa card.

in this case the only valid option is to put the safety on the G320
loop. Looking on the G320 documentation, nothing seems to be provided to
facilitate this...  it start to be a really complicated game.