The DC power supply would be the last choice for me on this machine due
to the tight integration between the infeed unit (power supply) and the
rest of the drive. And the confusing nature of what documents I might
find on the Simodrive 611 unit. I could see the only way that approach
might work is a total conversion of the whole machine to EMC but there
is no guarantee that the remaining bits of the drive will even work
without the communications from the infeed unit. For all I know about it
the axis and spindle drives may only work when the infeed tells them it
is ok to do so...

John