John Thornton wrote:
>  The interesting
> thing that I discovered is if I start up the Samson lathe with the 611
> on I get a fault and have to reset the drive. This leads my tiny brain
> to think that it is a voltage drop to some degree that is tripping out
> the 611... what do you guys think? When my neighbor gets around to
> showing me how to store the traces in the scope I'll try and capture the
> wave form when this happens.

The sagging of the A-C voltage under load and the trip when starting the
lathe
point in the same direction.  If the Simodrive has individual sensing of
each
line, it may be detecting that one is too low.  Otherwise, it may be
detecting
too much ripple on the DC bus, as it doesn't get much charge from the
sagged line.  It is possible the DC filter caps are going out, and
replacing these
caps would make it run reliably even as is.

Jon