John Thornton wrote:
> $64 question will the isolation transformer do the same thing the 7.5hp
> spindle motor is doing on the Samson?

No, I do not think so.  You may be able to tune this better with caps so
the generated leg
runs a bit high at no load, and sags less at high load, and that may
keep the control
happy.  Or, you may need to add another idler motor to the system.

Re. my comment about the filter caps.  Has this problem slowly been getting
worse over time - like a few years?  If so, then it strongly suggests
that the
filter caps are going out, slowly.  How old is this machine?

Jon