Daniel Rogge wrote:
> If you're only using small end mills, then the max axis force required is
> simply just a bit more than the force required to snap the end mill.  I would
> think that a 6mm end mill wouldn't be capable of delivering 1.5 HP to a
> workpiece.

That all depends on RPM.  A 6 mm end mill could probably absorb 50 Hp
at the right RPM.  I read a book on high speed machining, their test
case was
a 75 Hp spindle at 80,000 RPM, and they were removing 640 cu in/minute
with a 1/2" solid carbide end mill!  YIKES!  It probably takes me a YEAR
to remove that much metal on a mill!

Jon