2012/7/3 mark center <mcen...@gmail.com>:
> Vibration consideration and rigidity are usually more limiting factors
> in machining than HP.

Yes, of course. And that is why I would like to have servos being able
to get full power out of spindle, so that I can learn about the
vibrations on that machine. We have been told about these things
theoretically at school, so I want some practical experience as well.
And machine for all kinds of soft materials seems like a nice starting
point for me.

> Consider a design approach based on experience (look at what someone
> has done that works) rather than deterministic choice (formulas).

Yes, I do not intend to reinvent the wheel. Actually I do have a
little experience as well, but certainly not enough yet.

2012/7/3 Steve Blackmore <st...@pilotltd.net>:

> Google "end mill cutting forces" loads of information including this if
> you like math :)

Thanks! Selecting right keywords is 80% of success in web search.

--
Viesturs

If you can't fix it, you don't own it.
http://www.ifixit.com/Manifesto