From: Jeshua Lacock [mailto:jes...@3dtopo.com]
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 6:19 PM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Subject: [Emc-users] [Off] Ballscrew Support?

Greetings,

I am upgrading my machine to handle a full 4x8 foot board of material
(and 5 feet of Z!). The new table is 5x9 feet.

I just received my 3-meter 25mm supported rails and 25mm C7 ballscrews.

I am sure with a 10-foot span that the horizontal ballscrews will sag a
little from gravity. Is this much of a concern? Does anyone know of a
trick to put some kind of support in the middle of the span? I can't
think of any practical way.

Thanks!

Best,

Jeshua Lacock