Andy;

>> 2) taskset 0x0002 linuxcnc
>
> Shouldn't that be rtai?

Ah - I now understand what your thinking is.

I really don't know - but your comment makes sense - I was throwing the whole
of linuxcnc over to cpu1, not just the rtai section.

Right now my little KX1 is running a test with a BASE_THREAD of 25000; before
it was 30379 and it would throw out the Real Time error within a few minutes.

Only knowing about the taskset command for the last few hours, and not knowing
how linuxcnc does things, I'm learning as we go along.

We'll see how this BASE_THREAD of 25000 test goes - even if the whole of
LinuxCNC is on one cpu, as long as it seems to work without croaking, maybe
that's all that is needed for my config.

JohnS.