dave wrote:

> I like the inverted approach.
>
> More to the point what is the absorbtion max wavelength for the polymer?
> In more specific terms what wavelength gives the best polymerization?
> Curious minds want to know. ;-)
>
> To put in simpler terms what emission source is likely to maximize
> polymerization?

Due to the availability of the DLP projectors, these guys went to a lot
of trouble to
come up with visible-sensitive photoinitiators.  They work around 280 -
420 nm,
with good sensitivity at 405 nm, which a DLP projector will pass, and
the lamps
have a little peak at 405 from the Hg in them.  If you can get
illumination at 385 nm,
there are more initiators available.  Fernando in Spain has a business
supplying
resin systems at excellent prices, I'm pretty sure he is the resin
supplier to the
b9creator project, and a number of other people on the group are also
using his
resin.  Fernando has a web site with a list of the resins he has for
sale, he has
a variety of physical properties as well as light sensitivities
available.  He has
a link on the diy3d group.

With 8 seconds/layer exposure, I think the optical part is well in hand.

Jon