k...@gmail.com schrieb:
> / snip
>
> BTW I would never own a modern VW diesel...what an over priced engineering
> nightmare.
>
> dk

My wife and own two identical modern VW diesel cars, Tourans 1.9 liter,
115 horsepower, seven seated, and drive them with about 6 liters fuel
for 100 km (about 33 miles/gallon) in normal use, i.e, not over 140
km/h. They will go about 200 km/h at the cost of a little more fuel
consumption. Both of them have some 120 000 km on the counter after
almost 6 years now. I have filled in exactly 4 liters of motor oil in
total since we own them. No defects, no replacements, not even headlight
bulbs. We had them at the shop each twice so far since the cars demand
when service is due, depending on severeness of use, number of cold
starts etc. No rust, no visible erosions. We just sit, start, drive.
Absolutley no thought of the cars entities. I didn't even bother to look
what's below the big air filter box in the motor compartment, and,
frankly, I don't care. We never ever had such problemless cars before,
not even the Nissans, although they were pretty carefree.

I bought them for about 16 000 Euros each at the age of one year. I
wouldn't know a better car and a better price.

Peter Blodow