I currently have a Ford Ranger pickup truck that has a bifuel CNG
(Compressed Natural Gas)/unleaded gas conversion and I am going to try
and convert that to Propane.  I don't have a good source for CNG and
right now Propane is going for just over $1.00 per gallon when purchased
in 500 gallons or more (I have a bulk tank).  It doesn't take a rocket
scientist to figure out that $1.00 per gallon fuel will pay for a
conversion very quickly and I already have most of the parts.    Propane
is a fairly easy fuel to handle compared to CNG.   Not as easy as
Unleaded or Diesel but for 1/3rd the price I can't resist.   I have
heard that the low propane prices are due to the fracking that is going
on.   I was recently traveling near Pittsburgh and I needed to get a
hotel room one night and all of the hotels were booked and I was told
that was because of the gas field workers who were shipped into open up
the old PA oil wells via fracking.    Apparently they are getting a lot
of natural gas and propane out of those wells now.

I've got a friend who commutes 120 miles per day and he is thinking
about putting a Propane conversion on his car for the same reason.
There is actually a propane fueling station that opened up on I-69 in
Northern Indiana recently and the last time I went by there last week
they were selling propane at the self service pumps for $1.29 per
gallon.   Not bad!  :-)

On the OT topic of CO2 - do you know that you can buy CO2 generators
that are oftentimes used in greenhouses?   They burn Natural Gas solely
for the purpose of generating CO2...  I thought that was ironic - CO2
really is a Greenhouse gas!  :-)
Google:  "CO2 generator greenhouse"   And yes, they are perfectly
legal.    Perhaps you guys in the UK need to relabel your cars "mobile
Green House gas generators" and then perhaps you can get a farm credit
or something instead.  ;-)

Dave