On 08/07/2012 08:42 AM, ceen...@in-front.com wrote:
>    The majority of boards I run are double sided so all SMT processes are
> performed twice.  This is one of the reasons I would like a paste printer
> because the manual stencil printer requires a lot of adjusting and fixturing
> changes when I go from side 1 (flat, no parts) to side 2 with lumpy parts on
> the back side.  It would be better if I actually made fixtures for each type
> of board but where does the time go.
   Sound like you need a plate with a grid of threaded holes, and a
bunch of (for the lack of a better descriptive term) standoffs.  All
standoffs would have the bottom threaded to screw into the plate, but
with a flat at the edge of the threads for an accurate surface
reference.  There would be a length (I suspect about 1/2 to 3/4 inch
would be about right) of shaft before the flat at the top for reference
to the bottom of the board.  Some would then extend in a pin shape that
fits through your board and your stencil.  You could set up the two
corners for reference.  You could set up four or more without pins that
would contact the board at a place where no components would be when you
flip the board.  They would establish the Z level of the board for both
screening operations.

   Like the Gecko says " Just a thought.  Right off the top of me head!"